Sparta-lincoln Middle School
Sparta-lincoln Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Sparta-lincoln Middle School's student population of 744 students has grown by 92% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 48 teachers has grown by 60% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||744 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sparta-lincoln Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#2466 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sparta CUSD 140 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sparta Sparta High School Grades: 9-12 | 336 students
205 W Hood St
Sparta, IL 62286
(618)443-4341 0.2 9-12 336
- Coulterville Coulterville High School Grades: 9-12 | 72 students
Po Box 396
Coulterville, IL 62237
(618)758-2881 6.4 9-12 72
- Marissa Marissa Junior & Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 268 students
300 School View Dr
Marissa, IL 62257
(618)295-2393 9.0 7-12 268
- Steeleville Steeleville Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 315 students
609 S Sparta St
Steeleville, IL 62288
(618)965-3469 9.4 PK-8 315
Saw a pic of a child with bruises up and down her arm and one of the teachers in her classroom is posting bruises on Facebook when working on the job and no phones as it states n the teacher handbook. Posting bruises on kids when they should b reporting this behavior it's like they don't care all u know the teacher could have done that to the kid. Posting a pic of bruise and being on Facebook that's a privacy issue wonder how many parents don't know kids are being posted on FB. When the teacher should b worried about teaching. Failure to report abuse from a teacher and allowing it to b on FB not normal behavior of a 2 nd grade teacher
- Posted by Parent - Na
what is the first day of school for sparta middle school
- Posted by Parent - charl
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.