Stewart Performance Academy
Stewart Performance Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Stewart Performance Academy's student population of 302 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 44% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||302 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Stewart Performance Academy's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#2962 out of 3,159 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Michigan Educational Choice Center School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Detroit Central High School Grades: 9-12 | 353 students
2425 Tuxedo Street
Detroit, MI 48206
(313)252-3000 0.8 9-12 353
- Detroit Robeson Academy Malcolm X Academy Grades: K-8 | 326 students
2585 Grove Street
Detroit, MI 48221
(313)494-8100 0.9 K-8 326
- Detroit Durfee Elementary-middle School Grades: K-12 | 514 students
2470 Collingwood St
Detroit, MI 48206
(313)252-3070 1.0 K-12 514
- Detroit Joy Preparatory Academy Grades: K-8 | 349 students
15055 Dexter Ave
Detroit, MI 48238
(313)340-0023 1.0 K-8 349
- Detroit Keidan Special Education School Grades: K-8 | 132 students
4441 Collingwood St
Detroit, MI 48204
(313)873-9400 1.0 K-8 132
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.