Taft-galloway Elementary School
Taft-galloway Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Taft-galloway Elementary School's student population of 334 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||334 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Taft-galloway Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#2576 out of 3,159 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wayne-Westland Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Westland Walter P. Reuther Psychiatric Hospital Grades: Inquire with school | 2 students
30901 Palmer Rd
Westland, MI 48186
(734)367-8527 1.2 Inquire with school 2
- Romulus Romulus Elementary School Grades: K-12 | 331 students
32200 Beverly Rd
Romulus, MI 48174
(734)532-1450 1.3 K-12 331
- Wayne Hoover Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 246 students
5400 4th St
Wayne, MI 48184
(734)419-2670 1.4 K-4 246
- Wayne Wayne Memorial High School Grades: 8-12 | 1673 students
3001 4th St
Wayne, MI 48184
(734)419-2206 1.4 8-12 1673
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.