Bells School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Bells School District serving 407 students in Bells, Tennessee.
- Minority enrollment is 38% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Tennessee state average of 37%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is equal to the state average of 16:1.
Bells School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Bells Bells Elementary School4532 Highway 88 South
Bells, TN 38006
Grades: PK-5 | 407 students
|School District Name||Bells School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||407 students|
|# of Teachers||25 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||186 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||221 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||83 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||67 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||253 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||49|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||54|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||59|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||59|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||68|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||54|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||64|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Bells School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 140 school districts in Tennessee (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-2015 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $7,634 in this school district is less than the state average of $8,897. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $7,135 is less than the state average of $8,572. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TN)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$31 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$29 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$7,634||$8,897|
|Spending / Student||$7,135||$8,572|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.