Benton County School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 6 public schools managed by Benton County School District serving 2,190 students in Big Sandy, Tennessee.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Tennessee state average of 37%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Benton County School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Big Sandy Big Sandy School13305 Highway 69 A
Big Sandy, TN 38221
Grades: K-12 | 289 students
- Camden Briarwood School169 Briarwood Av
Camden, TN 38320
Grades: 3-5 | 350 students
- Camden Camden Central High School115 Schools Dr
Camden, TN 38320
Grades: 9-12 | 613 students
- Camden Camden Elementary School208 Washington Av
Camden, TN 38320
Grades: PK-2 | 456 students
- Holladay Holladay Elementary School148 Stokes Rd
Holladay, TN 38341
Grades: K-8 | 129 students
|School District Name||Benton County School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,190 students|
|# of Teachers||158 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||1,138 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,052 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||17 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||49 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||79 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,015 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||25 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||71|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||166|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||155|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||162|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||140|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||164|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||152|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||160|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||168|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||145|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||182|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||171|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||175|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||179|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Benton County School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 129 school districts in Tennessee (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,707 is higher than the state average of $8,897. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,299 is higher than the state average of $8,572. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TN)|
|Total Revenue||$22 MM||$31 MM|
|Spending||$21 MM||$29 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,707||$8,897|
|Spending / Student||$9,299||$8,572|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.