Fentress County School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by Fentress County School District serving 2,223 students in Allardt, Tennessee.
- Minority enrollment is 2% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Tennessee state average of 37%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is equal to the state average of 16:1.
Fentress County School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Allardt Allardt Elementary School220 Portland Av
Allardt, TN 38504
Grades: PK-8 | 406 students
- Clarkrange Clarkrange High School5801 S York Hw
Clarkrange, TN 38553
Grades: 9-12 | 285 students
- Jamestown Pine Haven Elementary School800 N York Hw
Jamestown, TN 38556
Grades: PK-8 | 489 students
- Grimsley South Fentress Elementary School5018 Wilder Rd
Grimsley, TN 38565
Grades: PK-8 | 599 students
- Jamestown York Elementary School218 School Av
Jamestown, TN 38556
Grades: PK-8 | 444 students
|School District Name||Fentress County School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,223 students|
|# of Teachers||141 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||1,151 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,072 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||29 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||7 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||2,178 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||157|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||204|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||209|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||189|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||181|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||178|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||216|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||206|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||188|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||210|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||66|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||74|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||61|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||84|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Fentress County School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 129 school districts in Tennessee (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,846 in this school district is less than the state average of $8,897. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,481 is less than the state average of $8,572. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TN)|
|Total Revenue||$21 MM||$31 MM|
|Spending||$20 MM||$29 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,846||$8,897|
|Spending / Student||$8,481||$8,572|
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.