Henry County School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by Henry County School District serving 2,781 students in Puryear, Tennessee.
- Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Tennessee state average of 37%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Henry County School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Puryear Dorothy And Noble Harrelson School143 Puryear Country Club Rd
Puryear, TN 38251
Grades: PK-8 | 522 students
- Paris E. W. Grove School215 Grove Bl
Paris, TN 38242
Grades: 9 | 370 students
- Paris Henry Co High School315 South Wilson St
Paris, TN 38242
Grades: 10-12 | 992 students
- Henry Henry Elementary School937 Pioneer Rd
Henry, TN 38231
Grades: PK-8 | 377 students
- Buchanan Lakewood Elementary School6745 Highway 79 North
Buchanan, TN 38222
Grades: PK-5 | 520 students
|School District Name||Henry County School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,781 students|
|# of Teachers||184 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||1,442 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,339 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||14 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||80 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||177 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,445 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||62 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||114|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||153|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||155|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||178|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||180|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||179|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||178|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||106|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||84|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||92|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||370|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||352|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||332|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||308|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Henry County School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 129 school districts in Tennessee (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 91% has increased from 89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,977 is higher than the state average of $8,897. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,923 is higher than the state average of $8,572. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TN)|
|Total Revenue||$32 MM||$31 MM|
|Spending||$28 MM||$29 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,977||$8,897|
|Spending / Student||$8,923||$8,572|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.