Houston County School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Houston County School District serving 1,401 students in Erin, Tennessee.
- Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the Tennessee state average of 37%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is equal to the state average of 16:1.
Houston County School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Erin Erin Elementary School6500 State Route 13 S.
Erin, TN 37061
Grades: PK-5 | 382 students
- Erin Houston Co High School2500 State Route 149
Erin, TN 37061
Grades: 9-12 | 431 students
- Erin Houston Co Middle School3460 West Main
Erin, TN 37061
Grades: 6-8 | 305 students
- Tennessee Ridge Tennessee Ridge Elementary School135 School St
Tennessee Ridge, TN 37178
Grades: PK-5 | 283 students
|School District Name||Houston County School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,401 students|
|# of Teachers||88 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||692 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||709 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||7 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||33 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||39 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,270 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||47 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||67|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||99|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||114|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||94|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||88|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||102|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||101|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||99|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||97|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||109|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||111|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||128|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||96|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||96|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Houston County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 129 school districts in Tennessee (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,872 in this school district is less than the state average of $8,897. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,090 is less than the state average of $8,572. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TN)|
|Total Revenue||$13 MM||$31 MM|
|Spending||$12 MM||$29 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,872||$8,897|
|Spending / Student||$8,090||$8,572|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.