Milan School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Milan School District serving 2,065 students in Milan, Tennessee.
- Minority enrollment is 31% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Tennessee state average of 37%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is equal to the state average of 16:1.
Milan School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Milan Milan Elementary School1100 Middle Rd
Milan, TN 38358
Grades: PK-4 | 820 students
- Milan Milan High School7060 Van Hook Street East
Milan, TN 38358
Grades: 9-12 | 641 students
- Milan Milan Middle School4040 Middle Rd
Milan, TN 38358
Grades: 5-8 | 604 students
|School District Name||Milan School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,065 students|
|# of Teachers||126 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||1,037 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,028 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||7 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||64 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||508 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,415 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||68 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||118|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||146|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||136|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||129|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||133|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||158|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||131|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||149|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||149|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||175|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||142|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||162|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||176|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||161|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Milan School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 129 school districts in Tennessee (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,698 in this school district is less than the state average of $8,897. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,281 is less than the state average of $8,572. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TN)|
|Total Revenue||$18 MM||$31 MM|
|Spending||$18 MM||$29 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,698||$8,897|
|Spending / Student||$8,281||$8,572|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.