Rogersville School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Rogersville School District serving 679 students in Rogersville, Tennessee.
- Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Tennessee state average of 37%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Rogersville School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Rogersville Rogersville Elementary School116 Broadway
Rogersville, TN 37857
Grades: PK-8 | 679 students
|School District Name||Rogersville School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||679 students|
|# of Teachers||46 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||336 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||343 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||10 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||21 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||18 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||611 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||18 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||26|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||79|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||72|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||69|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||81|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||70|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||67|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||74|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||75|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||66|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Rogersville School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 140 school districts in Tennessee (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-2015 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,076 in this school district is less than the state average of $8,897. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,278 is less than the state average of $8,572. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TN)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$31 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$29 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,076||$8,897|
|Spending / Student||$8,278||$8,572|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.