Van Buren County School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Van Buren County School District serving 742 students in Spencer, Tennessee.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
|School District Name||Van Buren County School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||742 students|
|# of Teachers||54 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||363 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||379 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||2 students|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||1 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||739 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||42|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||61|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||44|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||55|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||51|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||54|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||58|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||58|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||54|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||59|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||57|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||55|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||48|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Van Buren County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 129 school districts in Tennessee (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has increased from 80-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,179 is higher than the state average of $8,897. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,480 is higher than the state average of $8,572. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TN)|
|Total Revenue||$8 MM||$31 MM|
|Spending||$8 MM||$29 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,179||$8,897|
|Spending / Student||$9,480||$8,572|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.