Advantage Academy School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Advantage Academy School District serving 1,833 students in Duncanville, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 86% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Advantage Academy School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,833 students|
|# of Teachers||109 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
|# of Male Students||905 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||928 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||21 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||1,130 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||387 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||261 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||4 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||25 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||137|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||164|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||160|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||195|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||218|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||161|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||164|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||193|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||153|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||132|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||40|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||48|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||35|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Advantage Academy School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $7,533 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,908. The school district revenue/student has declined by 17% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $6,335 is less than the state average of $13,250. The school district spending/student has declined by 17% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$15 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$13 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$7,533||$12,908|
|Spending / Student||$6,335||$13,250|
Learn about the pros and cons of separating 9th grade from high school.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.