Axtell Isd School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Axtell Isd School District serving 588 students in Axtell, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 26% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Axtell Isd School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Axtell Axtell Elementary School308 Ottawa
Axtell, TX 76624
Grades: PK-5 | 354 students
- Axtell Axtell Middle School308 Ottawa
Axtell, TX 76624
Grades: 6-8 | 162 students
- Axtell Waco Center For Youth 3501 N 19th St
Axtell, TX 76624
Grades: 7-12 | 72 students
|School District Name||Axtell Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||588 students|
|# of Teachers||52 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||288 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||300 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||116 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||22 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||438 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||9 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||47|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||47|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||52|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||56|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||63|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||54|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||48|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||86|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||25|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||1|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Axtell Isd School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has increased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,647 is higher than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,728 is higher than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$9 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$9 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,647||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$11,728||$11,097|
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.