Crystal City Isd School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public preschool managed by Crystal City Isd School District serving 412 students in Crystal City, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the state average of 15:1.
Crystal City Isd School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Crystal City Dr Tomas Rivera Elementary School901 Javelina Dr
Crystal City, TX 78839
Grades: PK-1 | 412 students
|School District Name||Crystal City Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,936 students|
|# of Teachers||144 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||984 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||952 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||1,905 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||11 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||11 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||131|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||126|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||155|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||154|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||147|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||145|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||136|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||165|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||128|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||133|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||146|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||126|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||122|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||122|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Crystal City Isd School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,838 is higher than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,543 is higher than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$25 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$24 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,838||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$11,543||$11,097|
After massive budget cuts and claims of economic inequity within the state’s public school system, districts are taking matters in their own hands and suing the state for the mess.