Education Center International Academy School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Education Center International Academy School District serving 473 students in Mesquite, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 56% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Education Center International Academy School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Mesquite Education Center International Academy 1 302 N Town E Blvd
Mesquite, TX 75185
Grades: K-8 | 251 students
- Mesquite Education Center International Academy 2 8200 Schrade Rd
Mesquite, TX 75185
Grades: K-8 | 131 students
- Mesquite Education Center International Academy 3 201 N Erby Campbell Blvd
Mesquite, TX 75185
Grades: K-8 | 91 students
|School District Name||Education Center International Academy School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||473 students|
|# of Teachers||38 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||221 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||252 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||44 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||110 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||100 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||206 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||13 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||71|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||52|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||61|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||61|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||60|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||44|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||44|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||34|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Education Center International Academy School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,679 is higher than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has grown by 158% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,364 is less than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has grown by 158% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,679||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$10,364||$11,097|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.