Frost Isd School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Frost Isd School District serving 228 students in Frost, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 36% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Frost Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||228 students|
|# of Teachers||19 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||110 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||118 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||64 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||10 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||145 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||9 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||24|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||27|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||39|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||40|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||1|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Frost Isd School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has increased from 80% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,253 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has grown by 11% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,115 is less than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has grown by 11% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,253||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$9,115||$11,097|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.