Global Learning Village School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Global Learning Village School District serving 216 students in Houston, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 98% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Global Learning Village School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Houston Global Learning Village 3015 N Macgregor Way
Houston, TX 77004
Grades: K-12 | 216 students
|School District Name||Global Learning Village School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||216 students|
|# of Teachers||17 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||101 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||115 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||9 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||202 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||5 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||23|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||28|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||22|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||29|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||32|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||17|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Global Learning Village School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $2,241 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has declined by 79% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $2,023 is less than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has declined by 79% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$484,000||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$2,241||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$2,023||$11,097|
Increasing birth rates among immigrant families from Asia and Central and South America, combined with lower birth rates among white families, means that for the first time in history, public school students in the United States are majority-minority. This shift in demographics poses difficulties for schools as they work to accommodate children of varying language abilities and socio-economic backgrounds.