Hardin-jefferson Isd School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by Hardin-jefferson Isd School District serving 2,257 students in China, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 22% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the state average of 15:1.
Hardin-jefferson Isd School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- China China Elementary School605 Henderson Ave
China, TX 77613
Grades: PK-5 | 435 students
- Kountze Hardin Co J J A E P 440 W Monroe
Kountze, TX 77625
Grades: 9 | 3 students
- Sour Lake Hardin-jefferson High School3155 Hwy 326 S
Sour Lake, TX 77659
Grades: 9-12 | 653 students
- Sour Lake Henderson Middle School3025 Hwy 326 S
Sour Lake, TX 77659
Grades: 6-8 | 533 students
- Sour Lake Sour Lake Elementary School1055 Hwy 326 S
Sour Lake, TX 77659
Grades: PK-5 | 633 students
|School District Name||Hardin-jefferson Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,257 students|
|# of Teachers||153 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||1,156 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,101 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||10 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||14 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||221 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||213 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,756 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||42 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||76|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||150|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||148|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||171|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||172|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||176|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||175|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||164|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||188|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||181|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||194|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||153|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||153|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||156|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Hardin-jefferson Isd School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,824 is higher than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,526 is higher than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$23 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$28 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,824||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$13,526||$11,097|
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.