Harmony Science Acad (san Antonio) School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 6 public schools managed by Harmony Science Acad (san Antonio) School District serving 3,705 students in San Antonio, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 93% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the state average of 15:1.
Harmony Science Acad (san Antonio) School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- San Antonio Harmony School Of Excellence - San Antonio 2015 Sw Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78227
Grades: PK-5 | 580 students
- Laredo Harmony School Of Innovation - Laredo 4608 Daugherty Ave
Laredo, TX 78041
Grades: K-5 | 597 students
- San Antonio Harmony School Of Innovation - San Antonio 8125 Glen Mont Dr
San Antonio, TX 78239
Grades: K-8 | 536 students
- Brownsville Harmony Science Academy - Brownsville 1124 Central Blvd
Brownsville, TX 78520
Grades: K-12 | 519 students
- Laredo Harmony Science Academy - Laredo 4401 San Francisco Ave
Laredo, TX 78041
Grades: 6-12 | 741 students
|School District Name||Harmony Science Acad (san Antonio) School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||3,705 students|
|# of Teachers||241 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||1,925 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,780 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||9 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||53 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||3,087 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||258 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||254 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||42 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||31|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||225|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||276|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||302|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||300|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||283|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||304|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||405|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||402|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||376|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||261|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||231|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||176|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||133|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Harmony Science Acad (san Antonio) School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 90% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $3,235 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has grown by 5% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $2,179 is less than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has grown by 5% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$3,235||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$2,179||$11,097|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.