Hico Isd School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Hico Isd School District serving 584 students in Hico, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 26% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Hico Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||584 students|
|# of Teachers||52 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||333 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||251 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||141 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||432 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||6 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||33|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||49|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||48|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||41|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||45|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||37|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||36|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||48|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Hico Isd School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,365 is higher than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,502 is higher than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,365||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$12,502||$11,097|