Meyerpark Elementary School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Meyerpark Elementary School District serving 243 students in Houston, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Meyerpark Elementary School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Houston Meyerpark Elementary School 13663 Main St
Houston, TX 77035
Grades: PK-6 | 243 students
|School District Name||Meyerpark Elementary School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||243 students|
|# of Teachers||14 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
|# of Male Students||126 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||117 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||51 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||184 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||43|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||40|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||41|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||36|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Meyerpark Elementary School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,311 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has grown by 31% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,854 is less than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has grown by 31% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,311||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$9,854||$11,097|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.