Nueces Canyon Cisd School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Nueces Canyon Cisd School District serving 283 students in Barksdale, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 46% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Nueces Canyon Cisd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||283 students|
|# of Teachers||30 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
|# of Male Students||126 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||157 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||117 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||5 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||153 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||6 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||21|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||22|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||22|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||21|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||24|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Nueces Canyon Cisd School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $18,315 is higher than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has grown by 15% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,709 is higher than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has grown by 15% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$18,315||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$15,709||$11,097|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.