Petersburg Isd School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Petersburg Isd School District serving 259 students in Petersburg, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 79% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Petersburg Isd School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Petersburg Petersburg School1411 W 4th
Petersburg, TX 79250
Grades: PK-12 | 259 students
|School District Name||Petersburg Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||259 students|
|# of Teachers||24 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||127 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||132 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||200 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||55 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||30|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||16|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||21|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||21|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||9|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Petersburg Isd School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,107 is higher than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,960 is less than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,107||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$10,960||$11,097|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.