Silsbee Isd School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public high school managed by Silsbee Isd School District serving 806 students in Silsbee, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 29% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Silsbee Isd School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Silsbee Silsbee High School1575 Hwy 96 N
Silsbee, TX 77656
Grades: 9-12 | 806 students
|School District Name||Silsbee Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||806 students|
|# of Teachers||61 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||429 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||377 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||9 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||50 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||149 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||571 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||21 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||207|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||209|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||205|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||185|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Silsbee Isd School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,457 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,658 is less than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$29 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$29 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,457||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$10,658||$11,097|
Michelle Rhee's name seems to garner press as often as Education Secretary Arne Duncan, but Rhee has her equal share of critics and supporters. Learn about Rhee's controversial reforms and plans for revolutionizing education in this country.