Simms Isd School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Simms Isd School District serving 382 students in Simms, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Simms Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||382 students|
|# of Teachers||34 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||184 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||198 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||14 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||356 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||10 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||28|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||36|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||39|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||37|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||32|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||32|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||39|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||39|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Simms Isd School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,224 is higher than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,856 is higher than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$8 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,224||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$15,856||$11,097|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.