Southwest Preparatory School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Southwest Preparatory School District serving 711 students in San Antonio, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 89% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Southwest Preparatory School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- San Antonio New Directions 1258 Austin Hwy Bldg 2
San Antonio, TX 78209
Grades: 3-12 | 195 students
- San Antonio Seguin Elementary School 2400 Walnut
San Antonio, TX 78209
Grades: PK-5 | 93 students
- San Antonio Southwest Preparatory School-northwest 6535 Culebra Rd
San Antonio, TX 78238
Grades: 7-12 | 209 students
- San Antonio Southwest Preparatory Southeast Campus 735 S Ww White Rd
San Antonio, TX 78220
Grades: PK-12 | 214 students
|School District Name||Southwest Preparatory School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||711 students|
|# of Teachers||56 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||338 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||373 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||496 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||109 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||78 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||23 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||36|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||29|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||36|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||37|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||28|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||66|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||81|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||93|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||64|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||65|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Southwest Preparatory School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 54% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,240 is higher than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has grown by 23% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,815 is higher than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has grown by 23% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$8 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,240||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$13,815||$11,097|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.