Taft Isd School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Taft Isd School District serving 560 students in Taft, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 89% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Taft Isd School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Taft Woodroe Petty Elementary School401 Peach Streeet
Taft, TX 78390
Grades: PK-5 | 560 students
|School District Name||Taft Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||560 students|
|# of Teachers||34 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||292 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||268 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||495 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||2 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||59 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||82|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||76|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||87|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||74|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||69|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||83|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Taft Isd School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,486 is higher than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,947 is higher than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$15 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$14 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,486||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$12,947||$11,097|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.