Tenaha Isd School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Tenaha Isd School District serving 579 students in Tenaha, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 69% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Tenaha Isd School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Tenaha Tenaha Schools138 College St
Tenaha, TX 75974
Grades: PK-12 | 579 students
|School District Name||Tenaha Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||579 students|
|# of Teachers||42 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||303 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||276 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||226 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||156 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||178 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||16 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||41|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||38|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||45|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||41|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||48|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||48|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||34|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||35|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Tenaha Isd School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,030 is higher than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $17,271 is higher than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$10 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,030||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$17,271||$11,097|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.