Texas Empowerment Academy School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Texas Empowerment Academy School District serving 80 students in Austin, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Texas Empowerment Academy School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Austin Texas Empowerment Academy 3613 Bluestein Dr
Austin, TX 78721
Grades: 6-9 | 80 students
|School District Name||Texas Empowerment Academy School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||80 students|
|# of Teachers||10 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
|# of Male Students||38 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||42 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||6 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||73 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||28|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Texas Empowerment Academy School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,784 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has grown by 8% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,633 is less than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has grown by 8% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,784||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$9,633||$11,097|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.