Union Grove Isd School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Union Grove Isd School District serving 635 students in Gladewater, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Union Grove Isd School District (2019-20)
|School District Name||Union Grove Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||635 students|
|# of Teachers||53 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||314 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||321 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||38 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||569 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||20 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||16|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||54|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||51|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||59|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||60|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||59|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||68|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||59|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||59|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||48|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||56|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||46|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Union Grove Isd School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,086 is higher than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,861 is less than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$8 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,086||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$9,861||$11,097|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.