Vanguard Academy School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Vanguard Academy School District serving 2,883 students in Edinburg, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 98% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Vanguard Academy School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Edinburg Vanguard Beethoven 2215 S Veterans Blvd
Edinburg, TX 78539
Grades: PK-6 | 460 students
- Pharr Vanguard Mozart 155 E Business 83
Pharr, TX 78577
Grades: PK-8 | 526 students
- Pharr Vanguard Picasso 901 S Athol
Pharr, TX 78577
Grades: PK-5 | 511 students
|School District Name||Vanguard Academy School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,883 students|
|# of Teachers||170 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
|# of Male Students||1,377 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,506 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||12 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||2,796 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||11 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||58 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||5 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||229|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||292|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||290|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||304|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||300|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||285|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||237|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||246|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||214|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||175|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||130|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||65|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||65|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||51|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Vanguard Academy School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has increased from 80% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $5,278 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has grown by 24% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $4,077 is less than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has grown by 24% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$9 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$5,278||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$4,077||$11,097|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.