Walnut Bend Isd School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Walnut Bend Isd School District serving 74 students in Gainesville, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 28% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Walnut Bend Isd School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Gainesville Walnut Bend Elementary School47 C R 198
Gainesville, TX 76240
Grades: PK-8 | 74 students
|School District Name||Walnut Bend Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||74 students|
|# of Teachers||6 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||33 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||41 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||18 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||53 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||7|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||9|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Walnut Bend Isd School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,933 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,156 is less than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$894,000||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,933||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$9,156||$11,097|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.