Willis Isd School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public middle schools managed by Willis Isd School District serving 1,631 students in Willis, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 48% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Willis Isd School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Willis Lynn Lucas Middle School1304 N Campbell St
Willis, TX 77378
Grades: 6-8 | 797 students
- Willis Robert P Brabham Middle School10000 Fm 830
Willis, TX 77318
Grades: 6-8 | 834 students
- Willis Stubblefield Alternative Academy 207 Philpot St
Willis, TX 77378
Grades: 1-12 | n/a students
|School District Name||Willis Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||7,308 students|
|# of Teachers||411 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
|# of Male Students||3,607 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||3,701 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||27 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||48 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||2,588 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||559 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||3,830 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||5 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||251 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||223|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||544|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||595|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||593|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||556|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||552|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||559|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||540|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||578|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||513|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||598|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||546|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||473|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||438|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Willis Isd School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 89% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,264 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,666 is less than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$61 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$63 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,264||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$9,666||$11,097|
What happens when nearly half of a state's teachers call in "sick" for school? Learn about the turmoil between legislators and the teachers union in Wisconsin and how the rallies, protests, and fighting will set precedence for other budget-strapped states.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.