- Tonalea K-8's student population of 924 students has grown by 128% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 61 teachers has grown by 103% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||924 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tonalea K-8's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#1302 out of 1,842 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Scottsdale Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Scottsdale Coronado High School Grades: 9-12 | 1044 students
7501 E. Virginia Avenue
Scottsdale, AZ 85257
(480)484-6800 0.9 9-12 1044
- Scottsdale Scottsdale Online Learning Grades: K-12 | 55 students
7601 E Oak St.
Scottsdale, AZ 85257
(480)484-7900 0.9 K-12 55
- Scottsdale Hirsch Academy A Challenge Foundation Grades: K-5 | 153 students
6535 East Osborn Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
(480)488-9362 1.1 K-5 153
- Tempe Student Choice High School Grades: 9-12 | 489 students
1833 N. Scottsdale Road
Tempe, AZ 85281
(480)947-9511 1.7 9-12 489
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.