Unity Elementary School (pk-6)
- The student population of 458 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has declined by 8% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades PK-6|
|Total Students||458 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 13:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.57 is less than the state average of 0.67. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Meriwether County School District's student population of 2,996 students has decreased by 6% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $11,685 is higher than the state average of $10,365. The district revenue/student has grown by 6% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,977 is higher than the state average of $9,935. The district spending/student has grown by 6% over four years.
|School District Name||Meriwether County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||2,996||3,306|
|District Total Revenue||$36 MM||$36 MM|
|District Spending||$34 MM||$34 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$11,685||$10,365|
|District Spending / Student||$10,977||$9,935|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MorelandMoreland Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 479 students
145 Railroad St
Moreland, GA 30259
- GrantvilleGlanton Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 351 students
5725 Highway 29
Grantville, GA 30220
- SharpsburgPoplar Road Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 570 students
2925 Poplar Rd
Sharpsburg, GA 30277
- NewnanWelch Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 830 students
240 Mary Freeman Rd
Newnan, GA 30265
- Newnan8th Grade Campus
160 Martin Luther King Dr
Newnan, GA 30263
November 09, 2017
The Common Core State Standards Initiative, more commonly referred to simply as “Common Core”, was introduced to help American students graduate from high school better prepared for career and college. But what exactly are these "common core" standards, and are they working?
November 07, 2017
In Indiana, a voucher program is up and running and changing the face of public education in the state.
October 25, 2017
Empower yourself and your children by learning what parents can do to protect their children from bullies and bullying behavior as they enter this new school year.