Academy For Math Engineering & Science (ames) School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Academy For Math Engineering & Science (ames) School District serving 508 students in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Minority enrollment is 53% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Utah state average of 25%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is equal to the state average of 23:1.
|School District Name||Academy For Math Engineering & Science (ames) School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||508|
|# of Teachers||22|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23|
|# of Male Students||248|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||260|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||15|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||51|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||130|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||25|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||240|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||39|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||8|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||133|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||124|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||128|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||123|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Academy For Math Engineering & Science (ames) School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 140 school districts in Utah (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (UT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $7,229 is higher than the state average of $5,810. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $6,701 is higher than the state average of $6,353. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (UT)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$3 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$7,229||$5,810|
|Spending / Student||$6,701||$6,353|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.