American Preparatory Academy - Salem School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by American Preparatory Academy - Salem School District serving 498 students in Salem, Utah.
- Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Utah state average of 25%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 25:1 is more than the state average of 23:1.
American Preparatory Academy - Salem School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Salem American Preparatory Academy - Salem 1195 S Elk Ridge Drive
Salem, UT 84653
Grades: K-10 | 498 students
|School District Name||American Preparatory Academy - Salem School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||498|
|# of Teachers||20|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25|
|# of Male Students||251|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||247|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||55|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||2|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||430|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||6|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||50|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||65|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||67|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||59|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||55|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||58|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||52|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||32|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- American Preparatory Academy - Salem School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 140 school districts in Utah (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 21-39% has decreased from 50% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (UT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $7,225 is higher than the state average of $5,810. The school district revenue/student has declined by 9% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $7,090 is higher than the state average of $6,353. The school district spending/student has declined by 9% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (UT)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$3 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$7,225||$5,810|
|Spending / Student||$7,090||$6,353|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.