Canyons School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 6 public schools managed by Canyons School District serving 3,172 students in Sandy, Utah.
- Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Utah state average of 25%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 34:1 is more than the state average of 23:1.
Canyons School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Sandy Canyons Transition Academy 9361 S 300 E
Sandy, UT 84070
Grades: 12 | 57 students
- Draper Corner Canyon High School12943 S. 700 E.
Draper, UT 84020
Grades: 8-12 | 2030 students
- Sandy Diamond Ridge High School 825 East 9085 South
Sandy, UT 84094
Grades: 9-12 | 5 students
- Sandy Entrada825 E 9085 S
Sandy, UT 84094
Grades: K-12 | 765 students
- Sandy Goldminer's Daughter Elementary SchoolGoldminer's Daughter Lodge, 1
Sandy, UT 84092
Grades: K-8 | 8 students
- Sandy Special Ed Preschool 9361 S 300 E
Sandy, UT 84070
Grades: PK | 307 students
|School District Name||Canyons School District|
|# of Schools||6|
|# of Students||3,172|
|# of Teachers||92|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34|
|# of Male Students||1,569|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,603|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||9|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||56|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||289|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||24|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,645|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||19|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||130|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||307|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||4|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||1|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||1|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||590|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||743|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||707|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||811|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Canyons School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 140 school districts in Utah (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 86% has increased from 83% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (UT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,031 is higher than the state average of $5,810. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $6,830 is higher than the state average of $6,353. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (UT)|
|Total Revenue||$273 MM||$3 MM|
|Spending||$232 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,031||$5,810|
|Spending / Student||$6,830||$6,353|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.