Utah Virtual Academy School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Utah Virtual Academy School District serving 1,989 students in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Utah state average of 25%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 34:1 is more than the state average of 23:1.
Utah Virtual Academy School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Salt Lake City Utah Virtual Academy 310 E 4500 S, Suite 620
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
Grades: K-12 | 1989 students
|School District Name||Utah Virtual Academy School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,989 students|
|# of Teachers||59 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1|
|# of Male Students||952 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,037 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||17 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||16 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||189 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||24 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,659 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||9 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||75 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||89|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||77|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||83|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||92|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||108|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||118|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||119|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||162|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||225|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||247|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||226|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||257|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||186|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Utah Virtual Academy School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 140 school districts in Utah (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 42% has increased from 25-29% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (UT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $3,311 in this school district is less than the state average of $5,599. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $3,290 is less than the state average of $6,122. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (UT)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$3 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$3,311||$5,599|
|Spending / Student||$3,290||$6,122|
As Brevard County votes to close three schools, parents, teachers and students have voiced concerns over what the implications of this move will be. Will charter schools move in?