Vance School places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Vance School's student population of 515 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||515 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Vance School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank||#890 out of 968 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||NEW BRITAIN SCHOOL DISTRICT School District|
Nearby Public Schools
My daughter will be entering the second grade she can't wait until school starts and hopes her teacher will be as nice as Mrs Vass and Mrs Gsmbe..As a parent I am very happy with the school and staff. The only thing I would like to see change is a little more time for lunch and a better understanding of the lunch options my daughter has asked the lunch aids but still does not understand what she can have for a second choice.
- Posted by Parent - Susan Grega
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.