Addison School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Addison School District serving 77 students in Vergennes, Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Vermont state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the state average of 12:1.
Addison School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Vergennes Addison Central School121 Vt Route 17 West
Vergennes, VT 05491
Grades: PK-6 | 77 students
|School District Name||Addison School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||77 students|
|# of Teachers||8 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
|# of Male Students||43 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||34 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||3 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||71 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||15|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||9|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Addison School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 219 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $23,333 is higher than the state average of $18,356. The school district revenue/student has declined by 13% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $20,609 is higher than the state average of $18,186. The school district spending/student has declined by 13% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$23,333||$18,356|
|Spending / Student||$20,609||$18,186|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.