Alburg School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Alburg School District serving 202 students in Alburgh, Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is equal to the Vermont state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 12:1.
Alburg School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Alburgh Alburg Community Education Center14 North Main Street
Alburgh, VT 05440
Grades: PK-8 | 202 students
|School District Name||Alburg School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||202 students|
|# of Teachers||19 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||96 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||106 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||7 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||182 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||10 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||26|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||11|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||28|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Alburg School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 219 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,056 in this school district is less than the state average of $18,356. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $16,699 is less than the state average of $18,186. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,056||$18,356|
|Spending / Student||$16,699||$18,186|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.