Arlington School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Arlington School District serving 408 students in Arlington, Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 2% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Vermont state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 12:1.
|School District Name||Arlington School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||408 students|
|# of Teachers||37 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||227 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||181 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||1 students|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||3 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||398 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||5 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||35|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||23|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||29|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||28|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||37|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||36|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||28|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||27|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Arlington School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 219 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $17,601 in this school district is less than the state average of $18,356. The school district revenue/student has grown by 5% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $17,243 is less than the state average of $18,186. The school district spending/student has grown by 5% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$17,601||$18,356|
|Spending / Student||$17,243||$18,186|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.