Athens/Grafton Contract School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school in Athens/Grafton Contract School District, serving 85 students.
- public school in Athens/Grafton Contract School District have a diversity score of 0.13, which is less than the Vermont public school average of 0.19.
- Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Vermont public school average of 10% (majority Black and Asian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the Vermont public school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||Athens/Grafton Contract School District|
|School District Phone Number||(802)843-2495|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 06|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|# of Schools||1 School||310 Schools|
|# of Students||85 Students||84,156 Students|
|# of Teachers||7 Teachers||7,240 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||127 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||1,741 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||4 Students||1,732 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||1,767 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||79 Students||75,806 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||58 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 Students||2,989 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||12||8,809|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||5||5,738|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||11||5,780|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||5||5,821|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||9||5,799|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||12||6,165|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||12||6,188|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||19||5,967|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||6,007|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||5,875|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||5,706|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||5,664|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||5,470|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||5,167|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $34,647 is higher than the state average of $16,177. The school district revenue/student has grown by 22% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $33,412 is higher than the state average of $15,619. The school district spending/student has grown by 22% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$34,647||$16,177|
|Spending / Student||$33,412||$15,619|
Athens/Grafton Contract School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Grafton Elementary School58 School Street
Grafton, VT 05146
Grades: PK-6 | 85 students
We examine proposed changes to high school athletic policies in both Ohio and Florida, which have been met with both support and opposition from residents of the states.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.