Bakersfield School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Bakersfield School District serving 145 students in Bakersfield, Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 3% of the student body (majority Asian), which is less than the Vermont state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 12:1.
Bakersfield School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Bakersfield Bakersfield School82 Academy Drive
Bakersfield, VT 05441
Grades: PK-8 | 145 students
|School District Name||Bakersfield School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||145 students|
|# of Teachers||13 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||67 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||78 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||141 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||23|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||12|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Bakersfield School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 219 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,414 in this school district is less than the state average of $18,356. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,030 is less than the state average of $18,186. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,414||$18,356|
|Spending / Student||$13,030||$18,186|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.