Barre City School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Barre City School District serving 892 students in Barre, Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Vermont state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the state average of 12:1.
Barre City School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Barre Barre City Elementary Middle School50 Parkside Terrace
Barre, VT 05641
Grades: PK-8 | 892 students
|School District Name||Barre City School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||892 students|
|# of Teachers||77 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||453 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||439 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||48 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||9 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||778 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||54 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||112|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||103|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||111|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||86|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||82|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||92|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||68|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||84|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||81|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Barre City School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 219 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,783 in this school district is less than the state average of $18,356. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,716 is less than the state average of $18,186. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$10 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$11 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,783||$18,356|
|Spending / Student||$11,716||$18,186|
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.