Charlotte School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Charlotte School District serving 405 students in Charlotte, Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Vermont state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is more than the state average of 12:1.
|School District Name||Charlotte School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||405 students|
|# of Teachers||28 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||212 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||193 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||11 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||6 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||368 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||18 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||46|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||42|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||32|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||47|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||36|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||44|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||49|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Charlotte School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 219 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,636 in this school district is less than the state average of $18,356. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $16,178 is less than the state average of $18,186. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$8 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,636||$18,356|
|Spending / Student||$16,178||$18,186|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.