Chelsea School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Chelsea School District serving 194 students in Chelsea, Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Vermont state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the state average of 12:1.
Chelsea School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Chelsea Chelsea Elementary High School6 School Street
Chelsea, VT 05038
Grades: PK-12 | 194 students
|School District Name||Chelsea School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||194 students|
|# of Teachers||16 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||93 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||101 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||7 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||184 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||19|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||18|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||11|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Chelsea School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 219 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $20,543 is higher than the state average of $18,356. The school district revenue/student has grown by 10% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $20,563 is higher than the state average of $18,186. The school district spending/student has grown by 10% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$20,543||$18,356|
|Spending / Student||$20,563||$18,186|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.