Essex Community Education Center School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Essex Community Education Center School District serving 1,223 students in Essex Junction, Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 15% of the student body (majority Asian and Hispanic), which is more than the Vermont state average of 9%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the state average of 12:1.
Essex Community Education Center School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Essex Junction The Center for Technology - Essex 3 Educational Drive
Essex Junction, VT 05452
Grades: 9-12 | n/a students
- Essex Junction Essex Community Education Center Uhsd #462 Educational Drive
Essex Junction, VT 05452
Grades: 9-12 | 1223 students
|School District Name||Essex Community Education Center School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||1,223|
|# of Teachers||103|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12|
|# of Male Students||599|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||624|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||54|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||38|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||28|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,045|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||50|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||308|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||302|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||301|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||306|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Essex Community Education Center School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 219 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has increased from 89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $29,710 is higher than the state average of $18,356. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $28,421 is higher than the state average of $18,186. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$33 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$31 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$29,710||$18,356|
|Spending / Student||$28,421||$18,186|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.