Essex Community Education Center School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Essex Community Education Center School District serving 1,223 students in Essex Junction, Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 15% of the student body (majority Asian and Hispanic), which is more than the Vermont state average of 9%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the state average of 12:1.
Essex Community Education Center School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Essex Junction The Center for Technology - Essex 3 Educational Drive
Essex Junction, VT 05452
Grades: 9-12 | n/a students
- Essex Junction Essex Community Education Center Uhsd #462 Educational Drive
Essex Junction, VT 05452
Grades: 9-12 | 1223 students
|School District Name||Essex Community Education Center School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,223 students|
|# of Teachers||103 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||599 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||624 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||54 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||38 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||28 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,045 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||50 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||308|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||302|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||301|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||306|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Essex Community Education Center School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 219 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has increased from 89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $29,710 is higher than the state average of $18,356. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $28,421 is higher than the state average of $18,186. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$33 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$31 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$29,710||$18,356|
|Spending / Student||$28,421||$18,186|
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.