Green Mountain UHSD #35 School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Green Mountain UHSD #35 School District serving 319 students in Chester, Vermont.
- Minority enrollment is 2% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Vermont state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the state average of 12:1.
Green Mountain UHSD #35 School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Chester Green Mountain Uhsd #35716 Vt Route 103 South
Chester, VT 05143
Grades: 7-12 | 319 students
|School District Name||Green Mountain UHSD #35 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||319 students|
|# of Teachers||27 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||149 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||170 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||5 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||312 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||55|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||50|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||52|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||60|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||50|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||52|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Green Mountain UHSD #35 School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 219 school districts in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has increased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $19,822 is higher than the state average of $18,356. The school district revenue/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $20,147 is higher than the state average of $18,186. The school district spending/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VT)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$19,822||$18,356|
|Spending / Student||$20,147||$18,186|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.